WHAT IS BEST REHABILITATION FOR BENT SPINE SYNNDROME(CAMPTOCORMIA)? ARE BACK
ARE BACK MUSCLES PULLING SPINE FORWARD
OR IS SPINE PULLING MUSCLES FORWARD???
Parkinson's may cause camptocormia as well.
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor " service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
Bent spine syndrome or camptocormia causes are considered as primary causes ( psychological, idiopathic axial myopathy ) and as secondary ( inflammatory myopathies, endocrine and metabolic myopathies, and Parkinson's disease ).
In all the cases, there is a problem with paravertebral, axial musculature.
Camptocormia in Parkinsonism for example is caused by axial musculature dystonia.
In your case Parkinson's disease is very likely to be the cause of camptocormia.
Treatment consists on a balanced diet, loosing weight ( if it's the case ), avoiding bed rest, walking with a cane or walker is encouraged, physical therapy, use of lightweight orthroses, if there is hyperactivity of the abdominal muscles injections of Botox into the rectus abdominis muscle may help.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
QUESTION, WHAT IS LIGHTWEIGHT ORTHOSIS??? ALSO, IN CAMPTOCORMIA, ARE THE BACK MUSCLES PULLING THE SPINE FORWARD OR IS THE SPINE PULLING THE BACK MUSCLES FORWARD???
Orthroses are external body supports/devices.
Lightweight orthroses are external body ( trunk ) supports/ devices that tend to adjust posture passively.
In general, the paravertebral muscles ( around the spine ) are weak and abdominal muscles pull the spine forwards.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss with me if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?