Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Vomiting sensation, loss of appetite after having food cooked with stale oil. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12738 Questions
Last Saturday night i cooked food with XXXXXXX gold pamalien oil.When i opened the packet it is almost like ghee. I thought it is due to cold climate. But from Sunday morning i feel vomting sensation. and wont feel hungry. monday even having little amount of food i never felt hungry much. Even today morning i felt little hungry but after having it i feel like vomting. Kindly just what i should i do.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems that the oil you used for cooking was stale and caused the gastric upset.
You can take some general measures for symptomatic relief like-
1. You can start by taking a soft, bland food: toast, bananas, crackers, plain rice, cooked carrots, boiled potatoes, baked chicken ~ no skin, etc.
2.Replace lost fluid and salts: Take broth, soup, fruit juices, soft fruits, or vegetables.
3.Avoid the following foods: Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.), Cold drinks - stick to warm tea or water as long as symptoms persist, Raw fruits and vegetables, fried & greasy food and fast food, spicy food, caffeine,etc.
If the symptoms are not relieved , medical treatment is needed after proper examination.
Till then you can get Omeprazole and Domperidone from your nearest pharmacy and take it twice daily. Taking an antacid like Gelusil after every light meal will also help you.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. RakhiTayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor