Vomiting sensation during first day of periods. Suggest effective medication

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Sometimes I get vomiting sensation during the 1st day of my menstral cycle along with a lot of pain. So, I take Mefthalspas or Xenobid. After taking the tablet, I cant eat anything. Anything I eat will be vomited. I used to take Homeopathy medication 4 years back for the same issue and then it was controlled. So, I stopped using it and the same problem persists. Could you please suggest me what I can do and why this is happening?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, you are suffering from dysmenorrhea. But, the symptoms after taking the drugs are due to side effects of the drug you are taking. So, you have to stop it.

You have to take some balanced and nutritious diet.

You have to take some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen. But, you should take it after taking pantoprazole and domperidone combination.

For this type of painful menstruation, you have to take dydrogesterone group of drugs from day 5 of menstrual cycle for 20 days. The positive effect of this drug is that, it does not interfere with normal ovulation. But it will definitely give you result. For dosing, you need to consult with a gynecologist.

In the same time, you should have an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen for search of any abnormality like polycystic ovarian syndrome.

So, consult with a gynecologist for a thorough clinical examination, for ordering the investigations required and for prescribing the drugs I have mentioned.

Hope this information suffice. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.