Vomiting, lose motion. Prescribed emeset syrup, nutrolin B. Suggest medication and diet
Thank you for your query.
The vomiting and diarrhea that your 11 month old child is having could be due to a gastrointestinal infection. Infections may it be of gastrointestinal tract or respiratory tract are quite common in infants.
The emeset syrup is to control vomiting and nutrolin B is to control diarrhea.
However, the watery diarrhea in an infant can cause substantial loss of fluids in body and can cause electrolyte imbalance.
Fluid replacement is the mainstay of treatment right now.
WHO Oral rehydration solution (ORS) should be started immediately to make up for the losses.
I would advise you to visit your pediatrician to determine the amount of fluid loss because in severe cases intravenous fluids may be required.
Since, your child is not gaining weight from last 2 months, a nutritional screen also needs to be done by the pediatrician.
If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
ORS is available at every medical store and every primary health center also.
You can make a ORS solution at home by adding one tea spoon of sugar and a pinch of salt to a glass of water. You can give to your child sip by sip.
In diet, you can give dal water, coconut water, milk to begin with.
Later you can give simple home made food like rice-dal, XXXXXXX etc.
But it will be good that you visit your pediatrician to look for features of dehydration.
If you have more queries, I will glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Getting dark and semi solid bowel movement in winter. What treatment is...
- Have movable lump under armpit. What could it be?
- Had sex while on period. Now getting stomach cramp. Any STD?
- Diabetic. Having pain and tingling sensation in arm. How to get relief?
- Presence of loose bodies in the knee joint. How to treat this problem?
- Stroke patient. Noticed swelling in mouth roof and pain in arm. Any ideas?
- Have food and drug allergies, low BP, headache and fluid discharge from...
- Have burning and itchy rash on toe with stiff ankle. Is this normal?
- Developed painless lesions on lower leg. Should I be concerned?
- Child having cough with fever and started vomiting. Suggest some...