Volcano red spot on scalp, hydrogen peroxide, neosporin
Thanks for posting your query.
From the symptoms that you have described, It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:
1) Is the lump painful?
2) Since when are you having this spot?
3) Does it drain any white sebum like discharge?
It can be an epidermoid cyst or a keratoacanthoma (more likely). Keratoacanthoma is a rapidly growing skin malignancy usually appearing as a volcano-like bump on the sun-exposed skin of middle-aged and elderly individuals and is very commonly found on scalp. It starts as a small pimple and grows rapidly over the course of 2–6 weeks causing a volcano like nodule with a central depression filled with white keratin.
To confirm the diagnosis, you need to get it examined from a dermatologist and get a biopsy skin done.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spotting after hydrogen peroxide douche
- Hydrogen peroxide causes red dots
- Hydrogen peroxide forcyde spots
- Hydrogen peroxide white spots on face
- Hydrogen peroxide white spots on skin
- Hydrogen peroxide for dark spots
- Volcano red spot on scalp hydrogen peroxide neosporin
- Hydrogen peroxide scalp psoriasis
- Hydrogen peroxide adrk spots
- Fordyce spots hydrogen peroxide