Vitrectomy and cataract surgery done. What is SFA test?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Have to go for SFA test after vitrectomy surgery as sight is not as good as expected
What is SFA test?
Have had vitrectomy surgery on both eyes as had macular holes. Left eye the sight is nearly back to normal. The right eye sight is not good, only able to read top two lines of sight chart. Have not seen Surgeon only assistants on follow up visits. Also have light sensitivity in both eyes which no one seems to know why. Also had cataracht surgery at same time as vitrectomy.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
After a good surgery mostly you do not have to see the surgeon and assistants are able to follow you up.
Your result seems to be OK other than the rt. eye which should have been better.
Some anti infllamatory drops must have been adviced to you which may be continued and this photosensitivity is usually taken care of with the passage of time.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 16 minutes later
Could you please tell me what the SFA test I have been booked into the Opthalmology Department is for?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 13 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for getting back to us.
This could be a variant of fundus angiography.We usually inject i.v.flurocine XXXXXXX to delineate the vascular network.I am sure an angiography was performed before undertaking your previous surgeries.