Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Violent attack while sleep. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Last night my husband began punching me-only twice because I yelled and woke him up. This happened one other tme. Should he see a doctor?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Observe him for some more time. Detailed Answer: Hi, Two episodes of violent attack should not be bothersome. Keep a watch on his behaviour while he is awake and record the details. They may help you in future during regular consultations. Weird dreams could have caused this. Console your husband and support him. Take a regular appointment with the doctor if he does not behave well during day as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor