Very foul smelling urine at all times of day. this
Needs further evaluation and investigations .
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts and reports of urine analysis of your 7 year old son that you have posted which reveals plenty of WBC (384) and presence of Hyaline cast strongly suggests either Glomerulonephritis or Pyelonephritis and needs further evaluation .
Please consult qualified Nephrologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to establish diagnosis .
1) Urine culture
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Renal function tests
In the mean while give him Nitrofurantoin 50mg and Ciprofloxacin 200 mg twice daily .
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure he drinks more water to keep his urine dilute .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Bacteria can be detected only by doing urine culture
Thanks for follow up
The bacteria can be detected only on doing urine culture. Get it done and start antibiotics as per culture report
Thanks and Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?