Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Very dry skin around my foreskin of penis. While erection skin is cracking and bleeding. Using dermol. Medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 254 Questions
I have very dry skin around my foreskin, when i pull back foreskin or have erection, skin is cracking and bleeding, very painful. Started around 3 days ago, and I have used Dermol on the area, seems to be a bit better, but still dry and cracked?
Should I continue to use dermol, or do you recommend any other treatment?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 56 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
You seem to have a simple problem.
It looks like candidiasis.
It may be due to infection from your partner or you may be an early diabetic.
Please check your blood sugars
I suggest
1. Candid or clotrimazole cream to apply three times a day
2. Tab. Fluconazole 150 mg per week for 4 weeks
You should improve with these
Have a good day
Prasad pvs
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor