Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Vericocele of testicles, hanging of left testicle, heaviness, big vein on left side. Alternative treatment apart from surgery and embolization?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
I am 29 year old male 5'8 165 lbs...My question is regarding my testicles, I believe I have a vericocele but I am not sure. Sometimes only left side seems to hang and sometimes both sides feel heavy. I can see big vein on left side. Does this sound lik vericocele and is there anything I can do besides surgery or embolization? Please help.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

It is very difficult to say without examination whether you are suffering from varicocele or not. You can confirm that by getting Doppler study to rule out varicocele.

Surgery or embolization for varicocele is offered only to patients who have severe pain that limits their activities or to those who are not able to conceive because of altered semen analysis.

You do not seem to be having lot of pain and you can get semen analysis done. If your semen analysis is fine then you are not a candidate for surgery or embolization.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor