Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Veins on feet which are visible through skin, prominent veins increasing. Which doctor should I go to?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 332 Questions
Hi . I have veins on my left feet which are visible on the skin . Initially I had about 2 veins visible , now couple more are . Which doctor should I refer to ?

Thanks .
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 20 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Thanks for the query.

I am Dr Ravinder Sharma. On the basis of the information provided it appears you have prominent veins in left feet and the number of prominent veins is gradually increasing.

Superficial veins in lower limbs drains into the XXXXXXX veins and prominent veins in limbs may be because of a variety of causes e.g. obstruction in outflow, defective valves, venous pooling of blood, etc., are the common causes. I would suggest you to contact a General surgeon for the same. If required, he or she can refer you to a vascular surgeon for further evaluation.

I hope this answers your concern. Let me know if you have other concerns.

With regards,
Ravinder Sharma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor