Varying heart beat, pressure in chest. Family history of heart problems. Worn holter monitor. Should I go back to doctor?
Thanks for posting your query.
You have enough reason to be worried.
A arrhythmia in a child of that age is not normal.
Pauses of greater than 3 seconds are important criteria for adults but children have a faster heart rate so even 2 seconds is also important.
In causes there can be developmental anomalies, Myopathy and most important, an intercurrent viral infection.
You should get the ECHO and Cardiac markers levels done and get her evaluated by a cardiologist. She may be suffering from sick sinus syndrome also.
If the things do not worsen then repeat the ECHO & ECG after 6months.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
I wish your son a good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Holter monitor showed heart stopped seconds
- Abnormal holter monitor results,heart stops beating
- Will thyroid problems show up on a holter monitor
- Can you still have heart problems if holter monitor and echo are normal
- Fluttering in chest cough menopausal on holter monitor help
- My heart is skipping beats i have to have a stress test echo holter monitor
- Holter monitor results high heart rates what can it mean
- Holter monitor results skipping a beat
- When does a doctor give you a holter monitor
- Holter monitor skipped heart beat
- Frequent leg and back pain in different parts of body with swelling....
- Tested positive for HSV-2. Trying for weight gain. Will ensure plus have...
- Do you think taking poly iron will help heart racing? Is oxygen...
- Tiny itchy bumps that blanch when pressed randomly appeared on arms,...
- Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said...
- Having severe back pain while sleeping. History of bladder and kidney...
- Bruise on back that pained. Pleurisy? Why did my nasal cavity start to...
- Jaw pain, bruises, lump under left jaw, stuffiness, facial pressure....
- Giraffe skin pattern by drying. Applying creams and exfoliation. What...
- Painful bump on buttocks, itches. Appears and clears. Whats this?