Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Vaginal itching and peeling. STD tests came negative. Suggest treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
Good Morning, I have been experiencing chronic and intense genital itching and peeling on and off for the past two years. Starting from my clitoris, ending with the tip of my crack, the skin will even open up or split and bleed. Within the last two days my butt crack has split and is extremely painful to touch and even water. I have been to my gynocologist, a dermatologist, and a primary care, have been tested for all STDs (negative) and they keep saying it is Lichen Simplex. However as the condition worsens I KNOW it is more than that. I naturally have very clear skin and recently I have been getting these large hard bumps with puss on my buttocks, inner thighs, and I am noticing a few smaller ones going down my leg. I don't know if it is related, but every couple of days the skin on my hands gets "polka dots" of dry skin and peels no matter how much cream I use. The inside of my vagina looks clean and clear as always but the exterior continues to worsen. My gyn tested many cultures and only found a bit of yeast. Recently I did an in home treatment with Monistat, which ended last night, and although the itching has calmed down, I still have raw skin around the hood of my clitoris, my vulva, upper thigh, perineum, anus, and butt crack. I have been prescribed multiple creams and treatments including but not limited to Nystatin Powder, Lidocain solution, Clotrimazole- Bethamethazone, estrace cream, triple antibiotic ointment, Sarna lotion, Clobetasol propionate cream AND ointment .05%, miconazole cream 2% AND 200mg insert, Triamcinalone Acetonide, Hydrocortisone 2.5%, Domboro soak and Desitin.
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query and photograph of your hand I can understand your problem. You might be suffering from lichen simplex, it is chronic condition and usually gets infected with yeast. This can give rise to pus fllled bumps You have been prescribed a lot of medications with many diagnosis. Can you please upload a photograph of your genital area. It will help me in understanding what exactly is going on. I can help you better with that. Your hand has lot of desquamation. The genital lesions and these hand lesions may be related. Both of these are seen in lichen planus as well as fungal infection. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor