Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Vaginal itching. White discharge and itching on the penis. Transmitted infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 2416 Questions
I am 40 year old , during sex with my wife , she get some infection with itching in vagina that time and some white discharge was their. i did not wash my penis after sex. and when i bath in morning my fore skin of penis not moving smoothly , and all side of skin get some white gum type materials. 2-3 days later i started washing with beta-dine and after 5-6 days i used a cream some beta of Ranbaxy. but till when i sex without condom, i feel huge itching in my fore skin as well as my penis. sirs, what you suggest and what should i do.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

From what I understand, you developed white gum like material and itching following unprotected sexual intercourse (sex without condom) with your partner who had white discharge and itching at the time of intercourse. The following are my comments:

1. The white gum like material you had around the penis was probably smegma which is a collection of powdery white substance under the skin of uncircumcised males. This is a harmless condition and you need not worry.

2. The itching and white discharge your wife has is most likely due to infection - fungal (probably candidiasis). Since you now have itching you also may have got the fungal infection.

3. For this infection, both of you need to be treated simultaneously. You may try some topical antifungal cream like candiderma cream.

4. You can encourage your wife to visit a gynecologist for examination. Oral antibiotics may be needed to treat the condition. He / she can prescribe the necessary medications for both.

5. Avoid sex till both of you get treated for the infection.

Hope you find this answer helpful. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Take care and Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor