Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Vaginal bleeding after routine examination. Underlying cause?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
How do I find a gyn doctor to find out why I am still bleeding. I have went for a rountine exam and since there was a mistake possible made, they really are not helping me. I have been bleeding for about 20 days minus 5 give or take. It seems they can't stop the bleeding. Can you help me find a doctor. I am 59 years old and very worried.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) Vaginal bleeding after routine examination may be due to blunt trauma or injury around cervix. However, we need to exclude other possible causes in this context like cervical polyp and growth or carcinoma, endometrial hyperplasia or etc.

2) You need a proper pelvic examination with Speculum or Colposcope to find out the exact location of bleeding and nature of the cervical tissue.

3) One Trans Vaginal Ultrasound scan (TVS) and Pap smear test are required to pinpoint the diagnosis. These are quite relevant to rule out the exact cause.

4) You can take TRANEXAMIC group of medication (like FEMSTRUAL 500 mg etc) 2 to 3 times daily to arrest or control bleeding until you get an appointment to your gynecologist. It is an antifibrinolytic and you can get it over the counter.

5) In addition, you must maintain your genital hygiene and take balanced diet with iron supplements. Avoid mental stress and take adequate rest.

6) You can consult with your gynecologist at your nearest location or you can
search for a doctor in your area at WWW.WWWW.WW
There are reviews written by users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor or gynecologist.

Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor