question-icon

Uvula was swollen this morning. Been drinking been sucking on

Posted on Sat, 16 Feb 2019
Question: Uvula was swollen this morning. Been drinking been sucking on ice cubes all day to reduce swelling and ease the pain. Swelling gone, throat still hurts, appears to be some type of white blister near back of throat. No fever.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably an upper respiratory tract infection, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to a respiratory tract infection.

White blisters on the throat can be related to herpangina which is a viral infection.

I suggest you to take anti-inflammatory medication such as Acetaminophen three tablets a day to reduce the swelling.

I also recommend to use throat sprays with anti-inflammatory properties.

I recommend to drink liquids and gargle with salty water.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi