Using Nuvaring, nausea, dizziness, fever. Worried about toxic shock syndrome
So, my girlfriend started using Nuvaring at about 1am on Saturday morning, Sunday morning she woke up with nausea, dizziness, and wouldn't even try to keep food down. Now, 1am on Monday, she has a fever of 102.1 F, and I'm reading about stuff online
says to call a doctor if: "Sudden fever (usually 102°F or more), vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, or a sunburn-like rash on the face or body (very rarely, toxic shock syndrome)"
Now, she already had a sunburn... so we can't tell there...
She took out the ring, threw it away, drank a little water and went back to bed intending to call her Dr in the morning.
I'm reading about TSS and freaking out. Should I drag her to the ER, or let her sleep and call in the morning?
Thanks for posting your query.
Nuvaring is rarely associated with symptoms of your girl friend are suggestive of a toxic reaction which needs a medical attention.
You need to take your friend to the ER at the earliest for proper evaluation of her symptoms and an appropriate treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Toxic shock syndrome burns to pee
- Treatment and cure for toxic shock syndrome
- Diagnosis of toxic shock syndrome
- Toxic shock syndrome dead arm
- Toxic shock syndrome rash
- Symptoms of toxic shock syndrome
- Using nuvaring nausea dizziness fever worried about toxic shock syndrome
- Are headaches symptoms of toxic shock syndrome?
- Toxic shock syndrome causes
- What is toxic shock syndrome