Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Using Glisen MF for diabestes. Can I used Euroglip as an alternative medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3613 Questions
I WAS USING GLISEN MF1 FOR MY DIABETIC WITH FBS RANGING FRIM 165 180 AND RBS WITH 280/260/240/ NOW MY DRUGIST SUGGEST THE ALTERNATE AS EUROGLIP-MP1 Glimepride, pioglitazone with metfirmin due to non availability pls suggest
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 43 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

If the sugar readings you provided above are during when you were on Glisen MF, I would then consider the Euroglip MP a better choice to get your sugar levels under control.There is benefit than harm in consuming the new combination.

Euroglip MP has Pioglitazone in addition to the components that Glisen MF has .Pioglitazone reduces insulin resistance in the liver and peripheral tissues, increases the expense of insulin-dependent glucose, decreases withdrawal of glucose from the liver and reduces quantity of glucose. It is more effective when given in combination with Glimepride and Metformin. Also it has a additional effect on lowering the cholesterol.Hence the effects are better.

Also do monitor on the sugar levels and you can continue Euroglip MP there on if the sugar levels are under control.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor