Used stent due to kidney stone. Missing periods after removing stent. Concerned

Dr. Minoo Bhagia

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Hi...
I had a stent put in coz I had a 6mm kidney stone and within a week they removed the stone and stent and I am doing fine... but since then I have not had my periods and and it has been three months. I am married and I have been having regular but protected sex.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later
Hello

Welcome and thanks for the query

Stent has nothing to do with periods but they get disturbed due to stress , anemia and the medicines used for the stone removal.You can do a pregnancy test at home with Kit.Get an ultrasound done to see the endometrial thickness and the ovaries.Get thyroid profile done as hypothyroidism can cause delayed periods.Till then just relax and take iron supplements.If all the tests are negative then you can take tablet norehisterone for the withdrawal bleeding under doctor's prescription and guidance.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome