Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Used hair remover on vaginal area. Noticed swollen and red vagina. How to treat chemical burn?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
My daughter used XXXXXXX hair remover on her vaginal area and when wiping it off she got the cream inside her lips. Now they are red and swollen and it really hurts when she urinates. How do you treat a chemical burn there?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
These type of removers should be used only to the period they recommended and touching the mucosal area should be avoided.
Now she can use soothening agents like candid jell or xylocaine jelly etc. Which will help in reducing the pain.
Using oral analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs can relieve the pain and inflammatory signs there.
Using ice packs can also help to some extent.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor