Used fluorescein eye strip for eye exam. Is it dangerous?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have 10 eye exam in 2012 and I think the doctor use something that I think is Fluorescein eye strip to put in my eye everytimes I got the eye exam.Is it dangerous?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 32 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX,
thanks for sending your query to us.
Flurocine is used in the to see if there is a scratch,and the XXXXXXX stains the area.This is not part of routine eye examination.
At times they use drops to dilate the pupil for a thorough eye examination .Both these drops have no side effect.
You can rest assured
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 8 hours later
Even they use like 10 times in this year.is it not dangerous?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 16 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
thanks for getting back to us.
there should be some pertinent reason for doing that as many times as that.It is not XXXXXXX at all but it is in convenient
what has been your diagnosis and why do they do it
Rest assured these drops are perfectly safe.
Do get back to me if needed..