Urine test showed specific gravity 1.025, ph acidic, protein 2plus and sugar nil. What does this mean?

Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: hi my wife 's complete urine examination report mentioned below so please tell me what does it mean

color pale yellow, appearance slightly turbid , specific gravity 1.025, ph acidic, protein 2plus, sugar nil, pus cells 6-8 hpf,rbc nil,epithelial cells 8-10hpf, casts nil,crystals nil and my wife is 4 months pregnent
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 2 hours later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

You wife's urine microscopic examination report reveals urinary infection with pus cells of 6-8.

You should get a urine culture test done to know the type of organism causing infection and for starting the sensitive antibiotic.

Any infection in pregnancy especially urinary infection should be treated at the earliest.

So kindly consult your doctor.

Meanwhile drinking plenty of water along with maintaining perineal hygiene would help in avoiding spread of infection.

I hope I have answered your query.