Urine test showed protein trace, presence of bacteria and epithelial cells. Any suggestion?
My mom was asked to undergo urine test, as she had arthritis symptoms. Urine test came out as protein trace, Ph 5.0 (acidic), numeous epithelial cells and presence of bacteria. As I checked with an endocrinologist through XXXXXXX he suggested to have urine culture to avoid any kidney stone or other ailments.
In the urine culture, it has come out as
- No growth in culture after 48 hr of incubation
- No pus cells, occasional epithelial cells and no microorganism seen
What to concur from 'numerous' epithelial cells in urinalysis and 'occasional' epithelial cells in urine culture. What is the future course of action and what shall be the outcome if left unattended?
Thanks for posting your query.
The findings in urine in form of small proteins, bacteria and epithelial cells in connection with sterile culture report indicates that the patient is not having a received antibiotics during the previous 4weeks and the findings are due to contamination of the sample from surrounding area.
She prediabetic so measures to control the Blood sugar levels should be taken.
There is no issues about the urine to be managed right now still if she gets any symptoms then you may repeat the investigations.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
welcome to XXXXXXX
Epithelial cells denote an inflammation in urinary tract, they can be due to UTI, stone, gravel etc or a normal variant as seems the case.
Follow up it with urine culture and routine test.
I hope that answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urine test epithelial cells rare
- Urine rm test /epithelial cell
- Effect of epithelial cell in urine test
- Urine test epithelial cells pregnancy
- Presence of wbc, rbc, bacteria and epithelial cells in urine
- Urine test plenty of epithelial cells
- Epithelial cells in urine test in tb
- Urine test shows pus cells albumin epithelial cells positive bacteria
- Urine test epithelial cells many
- Squamous epithelial cells in urine test
- Frequent leg and back pain in different parts of body with swelling....
- Tested positive for HSV-2. Trying for weight gain. Will ensure plus have...
- Do you think taking poly iron will help heart racing? Is oxygen...
- Tiny itchy bumps that blanch when pressed randomly appeared on arms,...
- Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said...
- Having severe back pain while sleeping. History of bladder and kidney...
- Bruise on back that pained. Pleurisy? Why did my nasal cavity start to...
- Jaw pain, bruises, lump under left jaw, stuffiness, facial pressure....
- Giraffe skin pattern by drying. Applying creams and exfoliation. What...
- Painful bump on buttocks, itches. Appears and clears. Whats this?