Urine test showed plenty pus cells, rbc 1-2/hpf, epithelial cells 10-12. Chances of cancer?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Cancer
Question: plenty pus cells , rbc 1-2/hpf,epithelial cells 10-12,albumin + in my urine report is it cause for any cancer if it is cancer how much cost will take for treatment
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

With the results you have mentioned, there is nothing to worry. These test results indicate that you have protein in your urine. It is not meant to diagnose cancer.

Therefore, you need to be treated for urinary tract infection now. Treatment with antibiotics will be necessary. Further evaluation for the cause of protein in the urine may be required.

Tests to diagnose cancer are sonography, scans, PET and if needed biopsy. If there is high suspicion of cancer, then you will have to see doctor for clinical evaluation and then get investigations done, if needed.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask if there are further questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
how much cost it will take for treatment and how mutch time it will take for normal
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 9 hours later
Thanks for follow up query.

Do you mean how much time it will take to clear infection? Am I right?

Awaiting reply.