Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Urine test for pregnancy is positive. Want to terminate pregnancy. Suggest tablet?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions

I am urine test for pregrency is positive. I dont want to continue my pregrency. Im having 3 yrs old daughter.
can u plz suggest the tablet to abort
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing on Healthcare Magic.

Medical abortion is the choice up to 9 weeks of gestational age if you do not want to continue this pregnancy. However, you need to confirm your current gestational age by ultrasound scan or last menstrual period date (if regular) to proceed medical abortion by abortion pill. But it should be done strictly under supervision of gynecologist or healthcare provider.

Without that, you may face some undesired adverse effects like excessive vaginal bleeding, abdominal pain, vomiting etc which may not be controlled at home. It is quite unethical and illegal to take abortion pill without doctor's consultation.

Medical abortion kit contains two types of pills, one pill to be taken orally at the first appointment and another pill to be inserted in vagina or taken orally within 48 hours of first pill.

Medical abortion procedure is associated with pain due to uterine contractions and vaginal bleeding. Hence, you may need to take pain reliever medication.

To summarize, you need to take a proper prescription of the medication kit by your gynecologist along with proper direction about the usage, advise on follow up visits for supervision and confirmation on completion of abortion by pelvic ultrasound scan. In case of retained bits, surgical abortion (D & C) may be required to undergo.

Therefore, I advise you to consult with nearest gynecologist for prescription of medical abortion kit with a proper advise on follow up visits and in emergency.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any other query, you can freely ask me.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor