Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine report shows acidic reaction, positive albumin, 19-20 pus cells and RBC full field. What does this indicate?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9616 Questions
My 70 years old father in law's recent urine report shows acidic reaction , positive albumin, 19-20 pus cells and RBC full field. What does it imply?
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and Urine report of your father that you have posted it appears that your father has UTI) mostly secondary to Benign Enlargement Of Prostate which is very common at this age.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to make comments on his problems.
1) Does he have increased frequency of Urination ?
2) Does he have to get up more than twice in the night to pass urine ( Nocturnal Frequency) ?
3) Does he have urgency to pass urine ?
4) How is his urine stream whether poor or average.?

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and digital rectal examination to rule out Enlarged Prostate and get following basic investigations done to confirm the diagnosis.

1) Urine culture to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Haemogram
3) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen with post void urine residue to confirm enlarged prostate.and to know the quantity of Urine that remains in Bladder after passing the urine.(This is very important from the point of view to decide future line of treatment)

Further treatment will be decided by him/her depending upon the results of these tests.

In the mean while start broad spectrum antibiotics like Ceforaxime twice daily .

Get the prescription of these drugs from your family Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor