Urine cytology showing positive benign squamous epithelial cells and urothelial cells. What does this mean?
urinary bladder has inner lining with stratified squamous and transitional epithelium. The cytology detected normal cells of the inner lining. So there is no cancer. Findings are normal.
However, I would like to know why the cytology is done? Do you have blood in urine? Was the cystoscopy advised by your doctor?
You answered only one question but I need answers for others also. A mention about your age and duration of the problem helps me better.
Single time blood in the urine with no abnormal urine cytology is not to worry about.
Keep a watch on color of the urine, pain while urination.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated squamous epithelial cells
- Squamous epithelial cell in cystitis
- Positive epithelial cells in urine
- What are squamous epithelial cells
- Abundant squamous epithelial cells
- Squamous epithelial cells in urine occ
- Rare squamous epithelial cells in urine
- Squamous epithelial cells in urine
- Mature squamous epithelial cells
- Squamous epithelial cells in urine test
- Feeling numb & felt like bleeding out into lower abdomen & scrotum after...
- Need help in assessing the sperm analysis. Fertility chances?
- Diagnosed with kidney stones in both kidneys. Can it be the reason for...
- Bleeding and pain due to the skin burn on the leg. Feeling nausea,...
- Bruising all over leg, swelling & limping after an injury. Should go for...
- 5 month old prescribed with prednisone for wheezing and cough. Safe for...
- Does iron treatment result in prolonged periods?
- Strained eyesight, nose bleeds, blurred vision, using computers,...
- Urine cytology showing positive benign squamous epithelial cells and...
- Is nausea, tender stomach symptoms of expected periods or pregnancy ?...