Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine analysis shows pus. What does it mean?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
I just took a Physical exam in Dubai and i received a notice that I need to see my physician due to a urinalysis result of 40-50 pus???
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 25 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
A consult has been recommended as your urine analysis shows pus cells. This is a sign of a like to know the following;
a. Do you have any burning sensation while passing urine? Do you need to use the rest room again and again?
b. Have you been screened for diabetes?
c. Have you had any unprotected sexual intercourse?
d. Do you have any history of kidney stones? Any kind of severe pain in the lower back or abdomen which travels down?
Post this test, a urine culture and sensitivity is required so that the appropriate antibiotic can be prescribed.
In the mean time you may take plenty of fluids and cranberry juice to flush your urinary system.

It should not be a big problem.

Waiting for your reply to the above questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor