Owl Image

Urine analysis showed insignificant growth and no pathogen. What does this mean?

Question
My urine analysis is normal the culture said that clinical insignificant growth and no pathogen found so what does insignificant growth mean? is it a contamination? The Dr does not think I have uti.
Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
An insignificant growth means the growth shown by the urine sample does not consist of any pathogenic organisms. It contains normal commensals of the body only. It is not suggestive of contamination either.
This report is not suggestive of any urinary infection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Urine analysis showed insignificant growth and no pathogen. What does this mean? 19 minutes later
To remember clearly the result of culture is no bacteria found and clinical insignificant growth. I think urine is supposed to have no bacteria. So the insignificant growth Of bacteria is come from the body right? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. Normally urine does not show any growth. The insignificant growth is likely to be from the body or the environment in which the growth plate was incubated.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Urine analysis showed insignificant growth and no pathogen. What does this mean? 8 minutes later
Thanks I accept your answers

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards