Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Urge to urinate frequently but yields little. Why is there constant pain in abdomen?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I feel like peeing but can't... or only a little comes out. I have constant pain in the abdonimal area as if I'm trying to hold from not peeing. This just started yesterday but has kept me awake almost all night with frequent visits to the bathroom.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 28 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

From the symptoms that you are having it seems that you are having some problem with urinary system-either infection any where in urinary tract or stone disease.

What is advisable is visit to a doctor. You need urine examination and ultrasound of lower abdomen to have a proper diagnosis after your doctor’s advice.

In mean time,

Do not drink too much of liquids, it will add to the problem.
Take analgesic like Tylenol, it will give some relief
Take light diet
You can also take urine alkalizer if available without prescription.This needs to be mixed with water and to be taken twice or thrice daily. It will definitely give relief from burning though it can not cure the aliment.

Depending upon the diagnosis your doctor will advice further treatment.

Please visit your primary care physician/ER.

I hope this helps and clarify your concern.

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor