Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Urethra looks big and swollen. Cure?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
My pee hole is looking very big and swollen what could it be... I am a female
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

The possible causes are:
Urinary tract infection like urethritis, cystitis, urinary rack obstructions can present like this.
Sometimes vaginal infection can also spread to urethra and can cause these type of reactions.
If there is any recent intercourse, abrasions over the urethra can cause picture like that.
Rarely if there is any recent urinary bladder catheterisation, that can also present like this.
If you are having symptoms like pain and burning etc. at the urethral region or during micturition better to consult gynecologist, get examined and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor