Upper vagina is itchy and getting sores on genital area and face. What is the treatment?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: A month ago noticed itchy upper vagina w scabs they were worse at night assumed I had scabies got cream, did good cleaning they went away for four days and now the sores are all over, my genital area, arms and especially face, wht is this???
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Incomplete treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, It looks like you had an incomplete treatment of scabies earlier. You should have continued for a week. Do you have fluid filled sores that itch? They are significant in scabies, else we should consider other possibilities as well. Scabies can recur easily after incomplete therapy and this time it has to be extended treatment. At this juncture instead of doing a trial I suggest to XXXXXXX the local primary care doctor and complete the treatment. If it confirms scabies you need isolation and very good hygiene. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 minutes later
They no longer itch and they r one my face and when I pick them off due to unappealing not itching they bleed
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: scabies do not bleed Detailed Answer: Hi Scabies does not bleed and uncommon on face. I suggest to upload picture taken under sunlight . These may not be scabies as they invariably itch .