Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Unusual sensation in urethra at the top of penis. Having skin infection in groin area. Ejaculating very early due to this sensation. Advise?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9605 Questions
Hello, I want to share problem with you.
I am male, age 29 and physically fit.For last 9-10 years, I have some unusual sensation sort of thing in my urethra specifically at the top of the penis. I remember problem started when I went to college in Mumbai and because of humidity, I caught skin infection in the groin area. This infection was diagnosed at that time. But one more problem was there which I didn't discuss with dermatologist. There was some itching inside my urethra at the opening as well as 1-2 cm insides penis in relaxed state. Also, there was some skin colour change (slight whitish/pinkish around the opening). From my self examination, I figured it out that this problem was manly because of unhygienic conditions specifically I didn't wash and clear my penis after masturbation. From that point, I started to wash my penis and the problem intensity was reduced, but still today, I have some unusual sensation (you cannot call it itching) in that area.
Now here come the main part of the problem. From that instance, I figure out that whenever I masturbate and get engaged in love making with my gf ( I always have protected sex, so no case of STI), a clear transparent fluid leaks out from the penis.
This is manly precum. It seems because of that infection or anything else, I am not able to hold the precum and it flows out. Also that sensation causes me to ejaculate early and not able to hold for longer duration. The problem got intensified when I took some medicines for depression. I took for about 1-5 years and have stopped it now for about 3-4 months.Now, I am ejaculating very early and the semen quantity is very less, this is because of both that sensation and these medicines. During sex as well as masturbation, whenever that sensual part of urethra get rubbed, I cannot hold my ejaculation and ejaculate within a minute. Since, that sensation is at the top part of the penis, it will always get rubbed. I am totally distressed. Also, I don't feel itching during urination, But sometimes, after sex or masturbation, an intense pain (burning sensation) is felt inside the penis, lower abdomen and that feeling goes till the anus. It feels like I want to go for toilet or excretion. And the pain resides after some time. I went for my urine test and there was no infection detected. The sensation is like if I start rubbing the penis on that part, some fluid (precum) will definitely come out. Mainly, I am not able to hold my ejaculation because of this sensation.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have problem of Premature ejaculation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query .Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
1) Tingling sensation in terminal part of your penis .
2)Excessive secretion of mucus during foreplay.
3) Premature ejaculation.

Tingling sensation in urethra could be due to chronic infection of the urethra which becomes over sensitive to sexual stimuli like masturbation and foreplay.

The watery fluid (pre-cum) is a mucus secreted by periurethral glands located in entire urethra and is a reflex secretion of mucus during fore play which is a normal process .This secretion is excess in your case and could be due to excitement and anxiety.

As regards premature ejaculation in majority of cases, in absence of any major health issue the cause of premature ejaculation at this age is mind related and due to performance anxiety.
Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.and delay ejaculation.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

Please consult qualified urologist or sexologist for clinical evaluation .
Use of antibiotics for a short term will help to resolve the infection of urethra , to reduce secretion of excessive precum and tingling sensation..

Advice and counselling by a qualified Psychiatrist will help to allay your anxiety .

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Unusual sensation in urethra at the top of penis. Having skin infection in groin area. Ejaculating very early due to this sensation. Advise? 9 hours later
Are there any specific test for clinical evaluation. One thing I want to say is that if i masturbate without touching that part, I can perform well. Since that part is at the top, by no means, I can avoid touching that part. Since the problem is about 9-10 years old, will that sensation go after medication. Is there any physical damage to urethra such as cut or something else. Is it possible that infection can last so long and causing these symptoms.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are no specific tests for premature ejaculation.

Detailed Answer:
Since it is long standing problem you need to get endoscopic examination urethral passage done ( Cysto urethroscopy) by a qualified Urologist. to rule out any injury or narrowing of the urethra
Further treatment will depend upon findings f endoscopic evaluation.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Unusual sensation in urethra at the top of penis. Having skin infection in groin area. Ejaculating very early due to this sensation. Advise? 2 days later
What are general antibiotics given for urethral infections ? Is there any ointment that can be applied....
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
No ointment is used in infection of urethra.

Detailed Answer:
Normally we prescribe either Norfloxacin or Ciprofloxacin for infection of Urethra.

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor