Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Unremovable black patches on cheeks. Advise regarding treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 304 Questions
Hello sir, my queary is I am 33 yrs old & i have 02 child. My 1st child is 08 yrs & 2nd is 18 mths. I have black patches ( jhay) in my cheeks. I have shown to skin specilaist also but this patches does not removes. kindly advice.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 38 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The pigmentation problem described by you occurs during pregnancy and then becomes chronic. It is called melasma.
To treat this condition, avoiding the sun is a must. Further, combination creams containing hydroquinone, topical steroids and tretinoin are used. Such a preparation should be used only in night.
Once cleared, maintenance creams containing kojic acid etc can be used.
These are prescription drugs and I would suggest that you consult your dermatologist for the same.


Dr.Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor