Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Unprotected sex, pink discharge with heavy flow, cramps, bleeding between cycles. Pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
hello hello my name is XXXXXXX i have already had a full period cycle 2 weeks ago me and my fiance had un protected sex 4 times last week but we have been having it all along it started out like pink only when i wiped now its a heavy flow and i have been cramping i never bleed like this in between cycles could i be pregnant
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

It is better to do a pregnancy test in urine to confirm if you were pregnant.

Yes heavy bleeding indicates an incomplete abortion.

Other causes may be dysfunctional uterine bleeding due to hormonal disturbances.

You should get your ultrasound to confirm any clots in the uterine cavity or endometrial hyperplasia.

Treatment is planned accordingly , if it is an incomplete abortion suction curettage may be required.

Meanwhile you can take tablet tranexamic acid under your doctor's guidance and prescription.

Get your heamoglobin done.

Take diet XXXXXXX in iron.

I hope I have answered your query, any further query is most welcome.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Unprotected sex, pink discharge with heavy flow, cramps, bleeding between cycles. Pregnancy? 13 hours later
so it sounds more like a miscarriage then i could be pregnant
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 hours later
Welcome back

One can not be sure until and unless we investigate properly.
It can be a miscarriage or menorrhagia due to hormonal disturbances.
Please do pregnancy test and ultrasound to confirm it.
Take care
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor