question-icon

Unprotected sex, on pilll, vaginal pain, vaginitis, pain during urination

Posted on Thu, 17 May 2012
Question: Me and my boyfriend had sex 6 days ago, since then there was no sign of pain. I'm also on the pill. But just today my vagina started hurting really badly ever time I go to the toilet, I don't know what to take to ease my pain and I avoid drinking water as peeing is painful for me. This has never happened to me before, so I don't have a clue on what to do, so just before I took two painkillers. I don't know whether it's sex that caused this or something else. I am 20, female, weigh 51kgs and height is 165cm.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda (2 hours later)
Hi
If you didnt have any pain,6 days ago after sex,then i dont think that your current symptoms are directly related to that.What you might be having is a vaginal infection called vagintis that may be causing the pain.Passing urine would cause you pain because the acidity of the urine would have a burning sensation.You will need to see a doctor to confirm this and antibiotics will ne needed for relief.Avoid sex for a few days.
I would advise seeking medical attention soon.
Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN