Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Unexpected erection after using penis stretcher, lump in penis. Do you know the diagnosis of my problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Small BB sized lump on shaft, under penis skin after penis stretcher use. help! :

I'm in a really embarrassing situation. And I'm freaking out in fear of injuring my penis for life.

5 days ago. I was using my penis stretcher, like I've been doing for 4-5 months without any complications. The last time I used it 5 days ago, I think I injured my penis with it. I got an unexpected erection while it was on. This has happened in the past without any problems, just a little bearable pain. But I'm sure I might of torn something in my penis like a muscle, vain or something.

After use of my penis stretcher, I noticed a small lump about half way up the shaft UNDER the skin, right at the front middle. A small BB sized lump is under the skin of my shaft. The position is fixed, and the lump will not move, when I move the penis skin. The lump is on the shaft it self. The lump goes to about twice the size when erect. And it feel's like there is loose tissue attached to the lump going to the head of the penis. I'm afraid I torn something, and it won't heal back. I have an appointment with my family doctor in 3 days. But would like more insight to this situation now. I have stopped having sex/masturbating, and quit using the penis stretcher for good. I can't really tell if the lump has gotten bigger or smaller since the injury has occurred 5 days ago. Do you know the diagnosis of my problem? And do you know if it will heal back over time. Or will it be there for life?

Thanks for your time and help.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

You have obviously injured the penis while using the stretcher. You have injured the outer covering layer of penis, tunica albuginea. You have formed a hematoma over there.

Ideally the patient should be seen by doctor with first 6 hours of the injury. If there is a defect in the tunica albuginea then it should be repaired immediately. However, if there is no defect and only hematoma then nothing needs to be done and it shall get absorbed over a period of time by itself.
I will suggest that you should visit at least the emergency room at the earliest and do the needful.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor