Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Undergone operation in leg, now feel no strength. What calcium tablet to take?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1542 Questions
i undergone one operation in my left leg , now i feel i am not strong , i need to take calcium tablet , which tablet i need to take ?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Usually low calcium is not seen in an adult male. Thus I will recommend that you should first get serum Calcium levels checked in blood along with Vitamin D and vitamin B12 levels. Since excessive calcium may have side effects like stone formation etc, you should take calcium for short duration only, just to tide over the stress-period. For short duration, you can take Syrup Osteocalcium B12 1 tbsp BD for one month. Hope it helps Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor