Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Undergone bypass surgery. Sex life is bad and erection is normal. Suggest the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1321 Questions
I had bypass surgery 3years ago and my blood pressure now 110/80 to 130/90. My sex life is realy very bad. My erection is normal but ejection fast in 1 minute?
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Thank you for the query.

I must tell that there is no relation between bypass surgery and early ejaculation but the reason for this might be anxiety which may be due to any reason that gives anxiety to you. In your case it may be the anxiety of myocardial infarction following sexual activity that may be causing the symptoms.

For this the couple usually seek advice from a psychologist for counselling. There are some techniques which will help you to delay your ejaculation like squeeze-pause technique. Desensitizing creams and medicines may also be helpful.

Hope this information answers your query. Follow-up questions are always welcome.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Undergone bypass surgery. Sex life is bad and erection is normal. Suggest the treatment? 8 days later
Hi Dr, Kindly advise if there any medicines that can be taken for me?
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 2 hours later

As I have mentioned in the previous answer there sexual therapy and sqeeze-pause technique will give you good results and along with that certain antidepressants like sertraline, floxetine and anesthetic creams are used to treat premature ejaculation.

You need to take those drugs everyday to prevent premature ejaculation and it may take up to 10 days to show its effect. Antidepressants will have side effects in so many so just consult your doctor and ask about the risks and benefits.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor