Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Undergoing follicular study. Advised to have intercourse. Is it safe to apply lubrications?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
My wife is undergoing follicular study and have completed 3 of the 5 sittings. Doctor has advised to have intercourse on alternate days. Since intercourse is done on necessity and not on desire sometimes my wife's vagina is dry and iam unable to insert my penis. For this a friend has suggested to apply a lubricating jelly (named "Lubic" by neon Laboratories).

Would like to know :
1. if its advisable to apply lubrications(We are planning for conceiving and doubt whether such lubrications be a barrier to this)
2. Does wife should also need to ejaculate liquid apart from myself. I mean, is male ejaculation alone is sufficient or both the partners need to ejaculate.
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Answer1. Natural lubrication is the best and local anaesthetic based jellys like Lubic or Ky which do not contain any spermicide can be used if intercourse is painful .
Just ensure that you do not have an intolerance or allergy to the contents of the jelly.If you feel you have any allergy or itching you should stop immediately.

Answer 2.Male ejaculation inside the vagina alone is also sufficient for conception.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor