Under what conditions should breastfeeding be restricted to infant?
Breastfeeds are the best feeds for the first 6 months of life
If your child is not suffering from Galactosemia and mother is not on anti-thyroid or anti-cancer drugs, then there is no point in withholding breastfeeds. Exclusive breastfeeding is in the best interest of any normal baby for the 1st 6 months of life. Its better than any formula milk preparations available in market. In case, for any undue reason you are not able to breastfeed, then you can try formula milk preparations such as, Nan Pro 1 or Lactogen 1. They should be properly constituted i.e. 1 scoop per 30 ml of lukewarm and distilled water. No added sugars are recommended under any circumstances.
So, in my opinion you should start breastfeeding your baby exclusively and take care.
In case you have any further questions, do contact me.
Dr. Archana Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cremaffin syrup safe in breastfeeding for infant
- Is continued sucking fingers be an infant after breastfeeding normal
- Breastfeeding lumps under nipple
- Breastfeeding and pain under ribs
- Lactose intolerance in infants and breastfeeding
- Infant loose motion breastfeeding meprate
- Lump under arm breastfeeding
- Which contraceptives should a breastfeeding woman opt for
- What is the prescribed diet for a breastfeeding mom
- Breastfeeding sore under ribs