Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Uncomfortable throat. Problem in coughing and gulping drinks, unclear voice. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
I dont know what is going on w me i feel something on my right side of the throat inside i cant feel it from the outside and i am scared to gulp down drinks bc i feels its like a piece of skin that bunches up and i get scared and then i feel like it gets caught w something in my throat and it makes it feel uncomfortable. When i look down and talk something hits my throat... my voice isnt as strong XXXXXXX it used to be i cant caugh as i used to i feel like i have a lot of air in me like nothing to control it im tiredbof feeling like this i cant even laugh like i used to
And besides that i feel like sweet deeling on my right side like idk what it is if i cough i feel like i am going to choke w flem or something... and then i sometimes get this warm air feeling from my throat to my right nostril..i domt want to feel like this anymore
most of the day i feel like my throat is open all the time like i cant relax it and i get alot of air there too.. and if i drink cold drinks i feel it rush to my ears... its so weird and scary... i feel like my nostrils open alot and air just hits and make me feel like i am going to choke with alot of air but then theres moments that it closes... i get head rushes at night
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 2 hours later

I have gone through your query regarding feeling of choking in throat off and on and you have noticed change in your voice, side by side you feel some discomfort in your upper part of throat as well as fullness in ears.

It appears as you are having laryngeal polyps, because these polyps when arises from sub glottis patient remains asymptomatic but as soon as there occurs coughing the polyps comes in between the vocal cords and similar symptoms appears as you are having, on the other hand in cases of vocal nodule patient has hoarse voice all the time.

For this, you have to consult ENT specialist who will do direct laryngoscopy to confirm it and at the same time by Micro laryngeal surgery, it may be removed. You may also confirm it by M.R.I. of throat.

As you told about your ears, which gets full in drinking cold drinks it is due to Eustachian tube dysfunction may be allergic.

I hope your query is explained, if still anything is unclarified please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor