Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Uncircumcised male, tight and difficult to pull back foreskin. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
I am a 75 year old male that was not circumsized. The fore skin is tight and dificult to pull back for cleaning. I have developed a large red spot on the XXXXXXX under the forskin. It does not hurt very much but is anoying. I have been washing it with a mild soap but does not seem to help. What should I do
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 30 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Even in uncircumcised males the foreskin should be able to retract freely so as to expose the whole glans and frenulum i.e. the attachment of foreskin to glans .If it cannot be done them it is called phimosis .
Due to phimosis the cleaning of glans might be difficult and predispose to infections bacterial or fungaland inflammation.Also age may be a risk factor in developing such lesion.Absence of pain does not correlate with the risk and even malignant lesions are sometimes painless.
You need to consult a surgeon or urologist who wil thoroughly examine you, if necessary conduct few tests like urine routine, blood sugar, blood counts, blood sugar , microscopy, etc. and come to the exact diagnosis .The treatment can then be started accordingly.Most infections wil subside by local and oral medications.So dont worry, but if you develop any other symptom like bleeding, or fever or increase in size of the spot then seek prompt medical consultation.
Till then continue good hygiene, drink plenty of water and avoid tight under garments.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor