Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Uncircumcised. Noticed split of skin on glans. Applying canestan cream. Any ideas?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 175 Questions
I have a small split in the skin under the edge of my glans. I have not been circumcised Noticed it first some weeks ago and at that time it seemed to clear / heal using Canestan Cream. Thank you
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 4 hours later
Greetings XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query.

I can assure you that your split it is very common, and not a sign of infection. Usually due to irritation or dryness or friction, and we'll resolve and heal with the cream.

Please be aware that any cut in the skin can be an area where infection can spread from another person during sexual intercourse to you. So if you have a new partner, it would be beneficial to wear protection.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor