Unable to take breath properly while sleeping. What treatment should be done?

Dr. Sujoy Khan

Allergist and Immunologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Unable to take breath properly while sleeping at night.already concern to the doctor 5 days ago.but after completing the course the same problem i am facing.the vaccine given by the doctor mentioned below.1)Tab.Mahaflox,2)Tab.Montemac-FX,3)Cap.Pentazon-DSR,4)Tab.Synasma,5)Tab.redynise6)Syr. Effex
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 36 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

It is likely that your dust allergy is worsening now as winter is settling in. It is important that other allergies or sensitivities are excluded. This would require either blood tests in the form of specific IgE test against aeroallergens or skin prick tests.

If the cause is confirmed as allergies, the medications you are on needs to be modified as:
1. Moxifloxacin - should be stopped after 5 days;
2. Montemac FX - montelukast with fexofenadine should be taken at night (one tablet) daily;
3. Pentazon DSR - should be Pantocid DSR as antireflux medication - of limited benefit, suggest stop it after 2 weeks if no benefit;
4. Synasma - is doxofylline, not required in this instance as it will cause rapid pulse rate etc, unless you are extremely short of breath;
5. Redynise - is Nimesulide, NOT recommended;
6. Syrup Effex - unsure what this is.

As you are not better, I suggest you to report back to your treating doctor and discuss about the possibilities of other allergies. The aforementioned tests can be done under his/her guidance. If the symptoms are infact due to allergies, the only two medications that you would need now are:
1. Montemac FX
2. Nasonex nasal spray 1 spray per nostril once daily
Continue above for 2 months; and see the response

If tests suggest severe house dust mite allergy only, and you still have symptoms after medical therapy; Immunotherapy against house dust mite remains the last option.

Hope this answers your query. I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Best Wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sujoy Khan 42 minutes later
thanks a lot doctor Sujoy.
I will concer my doctor today........and revert you if i face any problem
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 4 minutes later
Many thanks for responding and to know that you have received the reply.

Best Wishes.