Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Unable to gain weight. Kindly suggest medicines to gain weight quickly

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 15003 Questions
Dear sir,

I am 30 years Male Unmarried. The problem is i am unable to gain weight. My height is 5feet 10 inches but weight is only 53. Kindly suggest something for fast weight gain

Also suggest some good medicines for over all health and immunity.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later

To gain weight you need increase your calorie intake by choosing foods that are higher in calories.You can either increase the number of meals or the amount that you use in each meals.
It is best to choose foods that have alot of calories in a small amounts instead of using junk foods.
Some foods that may help with weight gain include:nuts, seeds,olives, legumes (beans,peas,lentils,soybeans), fruit juice, pasta and dried fruits.
You can also increase your intake of dairy products (there are milks that are use specifically to increase weight like ensure milk products) and meats.
You can add a extra calories to your vegetables by added butter, cheese, olive oil,sauces.
You can use sandwiches with peanut butter and other nut butters or use meats and add extra calores with cheese or avocado.

You can use a protein supplement to help with the weight gain- you can use a whey protein supplement to assist with your weight gain efforts- speak to you local pharmacist to find out which ones are available in your area
In addition you can use a multivitamin for general well being- some examples of multivitamins would be centrum, seven seas multivitamin-

I hope this information is helpful, I wish you the best, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor