Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Ultrasound showing more liquid in stomach. Will it affect the baby's health?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hello Doctor, We just got married 7 months ago, luckily we are expecting our first baby, my wife is pregnent for six months now and she has been experiencing problems for a while now, we live on 3rd floor and our kitchen is on the 1st floor, so she always has to juggle up and down. We went for a rountine, doctor did ultra sound, according to ultra sound report more liquid is seen to her stomach, she also said baby is too low which is not good, further more my wife had water drops leakage at home she told me about, also doctor said she has no blood , blood should be around 60 to 80 but she is only 9.8 , also the baby's head is down. please help us and tell us how to save our baby, we really need this child. Thank you so much
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consultation needed for leaking pv Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to the ultrasound report: - Gestational age is 24 weeks. It is corresponding to the history. -Breech presentation. During the early weeks of pregnancy because of small size baby will move continuously. Until around 32 to 34 weeks, we cannot come to one conclusion regarding presenting part. -Excess liquor. Usually in 6 to 7 months of pregnancy, the proportion of the liquor will be more compared with the size of the baby. Once check the blood sugar levels, thyroid profile and blood group of your wife. If everything is normal and her blood group is Rh positive, no need to worry. -Low lying placenta. With progression of the gestational age, placenta can migrate upwards sometimes. But better to be careful. Restrict physical activity as per as possible, avoid journey, intercourse etc. If bleeding occurs, immediately she has to consult the gynecologist. - As she complained of leakage of water, better to consult gynecologist now and get examined to rule out leakage of amniotic fluid. After ruling out that possibility, she can continue the pregnancy with regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations. Usually hemoglobin levels above 11mg/dl can be considered as normal in pregnancy. She has to continue iron supplements and iron rich foods to increase the hemoglobin levels. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Ultrasound showing more liquid in stomach. Will it affect the baby's health? 2 hours later
Hello Doctor Sree, thanks for the detailed answer it does help alot you have almost answered all my questions, we have an appointment on Saturday for checkup. I have attached couple of reports that you needed regarding her glucose and blood level please review them and let me know what you think about it incase if there is something to be afraid of. lastly are there any recommendations to iron foods and supplements? thanks for your assistance
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Iron rich foods Detailed Answer: Hi, According to the reports, your wife's blood sugar levels are normal. Her hemoglobin and other values are indicating normocytic and normochromic anemia. For this, -She has to take nutritious food. -Iron rich foods: Green leafy vegetables like spinach, beans, peanuts etc. Fruits like pomegranate, apples etc . Dates, jaggery, chicken liver, fish, egg yolk etc. There are many iron supplements available. We in our hospital usually prescribe dexorange, heamup, zincofer etc. You can choose one with your doctor's advice. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor