Ultrasound report showed econometric cyst. Will the cyst cause problem to get pregnant?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Hi ,
My wife has been going a follicular study, in ultrasound report shows "endometriotic cyst size 6.1* 5.4 with MSF"
in Left O., right O , and ET is normal, means its growing.
Is that cyst create any problem to get pregnant?
Please help me to get out this confusion.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to remove the cyst surgically

Detailed Answer:
Endometriotic cyst of more than 4 cms size should be treated surgically in general.
Because cyst of this much size may not regress with medical treatment.
And also as the cyst is growing there are possibilities like torsion, rupture etc.
Endometriosis can decrease the fertility also, by altering pelvic environment, affecting the function of fallopian tubes and by leading to adhesions etc.
If the woman with endometriotic cyst gets pregnancy, that can lead to further increase in the size of the cyst due to decidual reaction in the endometrial tissue.
So better to remove the endometrial cyst, before planning for pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 hours later
cyst become any problem?
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later
Respected Dr. Sree Gouri,

Thanks for you suggestions, I have also been discussed with my doctor (Gynic).
He told me, just see this month ,because the Cyst is not growing, if not get pregnant, then will going through surgically. Is this creates any problem if my wife will pregnant ?

Is this surgery will effect to get pregnant in future (after operation) ?
Where should I go for this type of Operation .?
Could you please suggest me some good hospitals/doctors in Navi Mumbai, India
I am staying at Aroli, Navi Mumbai.

XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to be cautious

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
-If your doctor told to wait and watch, you can observe for one month. But better to be cautious. If your wife gets symptoms like pain abdomen, nausea, vomiting etc, better to consult gynecologist immediately.
-As I told previously, there is possibility of increase in the size of the cyst during pregnancy due to decidualization.
So better to plan for pregnancy, after regression of the cyst.
-Surgery may not affect future pregnancy. There is possibility that some amount of ovarian tissue may need to be removed.
But benefits overweigh the risks here.
For more details on endometrioma you can read: http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/08/chocolate-cyst-or-endometrioma.html

-Here is a link with list of some gynecological hospitals in Navimumbai, possibly that can help you.
WWW.WWWW.WW Take care.