Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Ulcers around opening of vagina, applied Canaston thrush cream. How did I catch them? Have cough, burning urination

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hi I have three what look like ulcers around the opening to my vagina that appeared two days ago they look like mouth ulcers, ive never had them before.. Im applying canaston thrush cream at the moment how can i cure them and how did i catch them? i have a bad chesty cough too and when i cough i have pain from the ulcerated area, it also stings when my urine passes over the ulcers.. ive been visiting my dad in hospital where they have closed the wards because of a bad seasonal flu virus on the wards.. could this be the cause?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
There can be numerous reasons for sores or ulcers at the mouth of vagina.
I need to have certain informations from you before being able to narrow down the possible reasons for these ulcers

Do they hurt or itch?
When did you first notice them?

Have you ever had them before?
Have they grown bigger?
How often do you have sexual activity?
Do you have painful urination?
Do you have painful sexual intercourse?
Do you have abnormal vaginal drainage?
Do you have any fever or vaginal bleeding?
Please supply these informations so that we can proceed ahead with our discussion.
Thanks and awaiting your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor