Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel movement. Having bloody grainy discharge. Advise
Consult a Gastro Enterologist.
Thanks for the query.
Blood in stools is really an alarming symptom, & it's natural that you are concerned.
* Before we think of more serious problems if the blood in stools does not repeat, I would like you to think of few simpler possibilities, if this is the solitary incidence.
- May be you have eaten red food like beet root .This might have stained the stool.
- You are taking daily aspirin and medicines for your shin surgery currently. If these things are taken together & that too on an empty stomach, it may cause raised acidity & bleeding in GI tract. However it will be dark brown or dark tarry stool depending on the site of bleeding. (Gastritis needs a specific treatment under guidance of specialist)
- You had eaten really more, gone to bed after that, got up late- making the stool lie in intestine for a longer time, making it hard. The stress in passing hard stool has injured rectum. This has resulted in bleeding & undigested grainy stools following hard stools. ( a full fast with plenty liquid for24 hours, followed by boiled green vegetable the next day/ get a plain water enema after a doctor's advice.)
* In case the problem recurs, it is advised to consult a Gastroenterologist immediately.
* However it is advisable to consult gastroenterologist & get investigated, as per need & get following possibilities excluded to prevent the problem in future
- Intestinal infection (Bacterial, Amoebic or worms)
- Hemorrhoids( vericosities of rectum)
I feel the answer is both informative & helpful to you. Further query, I would be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower abdominal pain bowel movement
- Abdominal pain bowel movement
- Severe abdominal pain after bowel movement advice
- Abdominal pain salivation bowell movement
- Abdominal pain before bowel movement
- Abdominal pain worse after bowel movement
- Abdominal pain with bowel movements pregnancy
- Poisoning abdominal pain after bowel movement
- Delayed abdominal pain after bowel movement
- Abdominal pain and bloody bowel movement after eating bread worrisome
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?